Monday, October 10, 2005

See any UFO lately?

My secondary friend: “Do you still remember my name?”
Me: “Sorry, it seems that I’ve forgotten your name.”
(Actually, I wanted to say. “I was abducted by alien and they brainwashed me. I’ve forgotten all my secondary school friend names except faces.” Hopefully this will works for me to divert the embarrassment to a UFO issue if I ever see a secondary school friend again.)

Just now I saw a familiar faces after I have made my coffee (I usually get fatigue after lunch, and I need a cup of coffee to keep me awake. But sometimes, even the coffee had failed me) and walking out from the pantry. I saw a girl with a familiar face sitting on the reception sofa, as she was waiting for an interview, and suddenly I recognize who she was. I walked towards her, greeted her (without her name) and she quickly recognize me as well. The first issue we talk about (and always the same issue) is that, it’s been a long time I didn’t went back to my hometown. (I wonder whether I was wanted in Kuantan because it seems that everybody knows I’ve been missing from Kuantan for quite sometime.) I told her I’ve settled down in KL and seldom went back to Kuantan.

I asked her about the rest of my secondary school friend. Fortunately, she’s still in contact with others and I was able to get some news about them. It great to hear one of them married in Penang and others went into professional work line: such as biochemical and engineering. After that, we exchanged phone number and I wish her luck in her interview before I went back to my work place.

So, where did the above dialogue took place? It happens when we exchanged our phone number and she wanted me to key in my name in her phone. It seems that I’m not the only one who forgotten the names. (Or maybe I was wrong) :D

No comments: