Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Shoe Hunting

Last week Sunday was my younger sis’s birthday. She mentioned about that she needed a USB pen drive for her work before, so I thought of getting one for her as a present. After I have cleaned up my room and done my laundry in the morning, I drove straight to the city center to get the pen drive. Beside that, I wanted to do some shopping as well.

By the way, I didn’t go for shopping for quite some time (Just for clothing and I know it’s normal for guys) and I wanted to buy a pair of sneaker. I have a pair of converse sneaker which I bought it when I was studying in Australia. (That was about 4-5 years ago) After 4 -5 years of torturing on that shoe, it is starting to peal off a little and the shoe bottom is almost gone out of patterns. However, I still wear it for any outdoor activity since there are no holes in it or anything that makes my foot uncomfortable. Until Friday, I found my shoe gone. After some questioning with my family, I found out that it was my younger sis who throws it away when she was cleaning the front yard. (Maybe it’s just too old, but it was my favorite pair of shoe. By the way, some advice for the girls; before throwing out any men (related or non related male) clothing stuff; please do let them know about it. As men stuffs tends to be rare, more expensive, last longer than women stuff in terms of clothing.)

After getting the pen drive at Low Yat Plaza, I went to the nearby shopping plaza to look for some shoes. What I had in mind on that moment was getting a sneaker or boots that comes in leather. This is because leather shoe tends to be last longer, I think. After checking out the price, brand and style; I found out that they all looked or cost almost the same. Mean while, I heard one of the customer conversations with the shoe store owner where the customer is looking for a particular shoe name started with the word “CAT”. The customer described how great the boot is and he wears it for 3 years already (See…!) Unfortunately, the shop owner didn’t sell that brand anymore. From his statement, I know the brand and the price (since every brand almost cost the same) of the shoe that I’m looking for.

So, I went to KLCC shopping center to look for that shoe, which I remember I saw that brand before in one of the sport outlet. After 20 minutes of driving and walking, finally I reached to the shop and found that brand. I choose one of the design (sneaker type with leather made), which I found it very good looking and asked the sales person for my size. Unfortunately, they are out of stock, and even for the other color. I was disappointed at first but somehow in my heart say, I wanted to get that shoe no matter how.

So, I start off another journey to another shopping mall which located in Cheras. I took me another 20 minutes to reach there and again to my disappointment, there wasn’t a shop there sells that brand. (Please don’t laugh until roll on the floor). So that leads me to the next location, Mid Valley which is near on my way back home. I reached Mid Valley eventually and it took me another 20 minutes (I know, this is madness.) Guess what, it fails me again. (eeerrrrrrgggg!) It seems that, a lot of people having the same size of foot and taste as me. Or is it fated that I couldn’t get my hands on that shoe? (Question that has no answer really doesn’t do me any good at this moment). After walking out disappointed from that shoe store, I had my next destination in mind which is the Sunway Piramid. (This one will take me another 30 minutes of drive *sigh*). Anyway, my body tells me I need a break and I agreed with it. So we both (mind & body) went to a café and enjoyed a ice blended mocha (for the body) with some magazine (for the mind). While I was enjoying my mocha, my mind keeps telling me to give up this shoe hunt madness and go home. I was really tempted by it and beside; I have tried to hunt it down for 3 times and failed miserably. Nevertheless, the spirit to hunt the shoe down was still there, but the body and mind disagreed with it.

After finished the ice mocha, I’ve decided to check out the books at MPH before driving to the next destination. Browsing through the fashion section, I found a book regarding fashion for men. In the book it stated that, men’s clothing doesn’t necessary has to be branded or expensive. Anything that looks similar in terms of style and quality will do just fine. Thanks to that book, I stopped my hunting madness instantly after reading that line.

In the end, I end up with a book, a CD (I liked the songs of the group so much until I wanted to get the group’s CD) and a pair of sneakers after traveling for 4 places. Instead of ending up with one item, now I got 3. Not a bad hunt, eh? :D

No comments: