Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Boning a chicken


Bought one whole chicken on Sunday and try to bone it based on online video tutorial. It came to my mind when I saw Martin Yan (search his name in YouTube) bone a chicken within 18 seconds and New York Times also release a video on how to bone one.

My first try wasn't going well as I couldn't get the wings bone location right. But I manage to get the drumstick, thigh and breast cleanly off. Nevertheless, practice makes perfect and I'm looking forward on the next chicken to perfect my skill.

After separated the meat, the remaining bone was used to make a chicken soup for dinner and it really taste much better than using chicken meat.

In short, it's cheaper to buy a whole chicken and worth more value than buying chicken meat separately.

No comments: