Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is a 7 inch screen phone fit for you?

I thought of writting this article after using using my Galaxy Tab 7 as phone for 6 months. Below are my findings:

1. For people who has large pocket.
I'm a tall guy and fitting the galaxy tab into my pants was no problem. Or you don't mind carry a bag around for putting it in.

2. For people who does not always talk to the phone all the time or occasionally can leave the phone behind.
I don't make a lot of call and also not expecting a lot call. Even there is one, I usually use the earphone for talking, which is not convenient. (Anyway, there is a new version call the Galaxy Tab 7 plus which comes with a ear speaker, so you can take calls without using the earphone.) Speaking of not expecting calls, on lunch hour I leave my phone behind in the office because for all those months, there is no one call came in on that hour.

3. Screen size is your top priority; for video, games, reading and web browsing.
Seriously, I'm not going to let the phone sitting idle for all day waiting for call, which hardly any calls come in. The phone now can be use for reading, casual games, video and web browsing. Games looks much more better in 7 inch screen size compared to my friends 3.7 inch screen and the control is much easier too for Cut The Rope and Where's My Water game. This alone explain the rest for video, reading and web browsing.

In short, 7 inch screen phone is NOT for people with small hand/pocket, has to carry the phone all the time for calls and mobility is top priority.

No comments: